Mindy S. Kopolow, Psy.D.
"Your life is supposed to be good."
Dr. Kopolow's Treatment Philosophy
- There should be nothing more important to you than to feel good.
- Self-blame will prevent you from getting the things that you want;
Self-compassion will move you toward the things you want.
- People get stuck in their lives because they get stuck in their thinking.
- You cannot control people or events, but you can control what you are
thinking and feeling...and that is all you need.
- Fear is at the bottom of most people's problems.
- Be easy on yourself, you're doing the best you can.
- Enjoyment and relaxation can often be more productive than hard work and
- As soon as you allow where you are to be alright, you will be able to
get where you want to be much faster.
- When you push hard as you move through life, life tends to push
back at you.
- Courage is NOT the opposite of fear; Joy is.
- People spend too much time focusing on what they DON'T want, and
not enough time focusing on what they DO want. This gets in your way.
- Every feeling that you have is a result of a thought that you have.
When you feel bad, ask yourself, "What have I been thinking about?"
- A belief is just a thought that you keep thinking.
- The more you chase after any thing the more you chase it away. So
relax, and allow the thing you want to come to you. It's easier.
- Problems arise with the solutions already inside of them. Make
uncovering the solution a fun game. It will go better that way.
- Desire is a good thing; it's the fluid of your life. It's the thing that gets you
out of bed in the morning.
- Desire is the soul of the mind. Embrace your desires.
- When you let the thing GO that's bothering you, it will GO your way.
- Hard work is not the path to well-being; Feeling good is the path to
- Be easy about every thing.
- The true definition of enlightenment is to "lighten up."
- The greatest gift you can give to anyone is to have positive expectations
- Your thoughts create your world. Your emotions tell you whether your
thoughts are creating the world you want, or not.
- You can't strive for perfection and happiness at the same time. Pick one.
- One of the biggest fears that people experience is the fear of NOT having
- When you begin to understand your relationship to money, you begin to
understand your relationship to yourself.
- Thoughts, feelings, and beliefs are not things that happen TO you; They
are the tools in your toolbox. Learn how to use them. Once you do,
they'll change your life.
- Every feeling you have has a different purpose. When you learn the
purpose of each emotion your life starts to get easier.
- Excitement is one of the most effective feelings in your toolbox.
- There is nothing more exciting than to live in excitement (LOL!)
- Excitement is the element that fuels your life. Look for it everywhere.
It will take you to the things that you want.